Important Dates for 2020-2021 Academic Year Scholarship Awards
- September 1, 2019: Scholarship Application Opens for 2020-2021
- October 1, 2019: FAFSA Opens for 2020-2021
- December 2, 2019 (4:30 p.m.): General Scholarship Application Deadline for 2020-2021 Presidential Fellowship consideration
- February 3, 2020 (4:30 p.m.): General Scholarship Application Deadline for 2020-2021
- February 8, 2020: Presidential Fellowship Competition (Invitation Required)
- March 17, 2020: Awards Letters Sent Via Mail & Email
- May 1, 2020: National Scholarship Acceptance Deadline
- June 1, 2020 (4:30 p.m.): Non-Traditional Student & Graduate Student-Specific Scholarships Deadline
All undergraduate students must file and complete the in order to receive any university scholarships and/or discounts.
Murray State University offers two categories of scholarships
- Academic Achievement Scholarships
- Only for incoming freshmen.
- Awarded at time of admission.
- View the specific Academic Achievement Scholarships here.
- Competitive Scholarships
- Requires students to complete the Murray State General Scholarship Application.
- Awarded after application deadline.
- Students must apply every year via myGate, on the Financial Aid section.
- Competitive scholarships are not awarded until after the application deadline.
- Take your time to submit a thorough, complete application.
- Not following directions or not completing all requirements of the application process may result in elimination from the selection process.